Feeling overwhelmed by your computer files? Here are Niamh’s top tips for staying on top of things!
1. Add dates to your files – finding files is easier when there is a date beside it. It can also act as a reminder of when you last did a certain task!
2. File clean-up once a month! Rename your files and get them into their right folders. Doing this once a month can really help you keep on top of all your files.
3. Create archive folders – once a month is done or a year if you would prefer to put it away! Call the folder archive and put it in there. You do not need to see the file anymore, but you do need to keep it.
4. The most important tip of them all, do not create too many folders where you can’t find things! The idea of filing is to help you stay on top of your work not cause hassle.
5. Now that your files are looking in better shape, why not tackle your inbox next? Download Niamh’s guide to cleaning up your inbox here.
Get organised and in control of your business administration with Niamh’s help – why not get in touch?